Trouble uploading CSV - can't match columns (first name, last name, etc.)?
If you're unable to match your prospect data fields (first name, last name, email, etc.) separately when uploading your list of prospects, your column headers are likely all together (in one column) instead of separated (one column for first name, one column for last name, etc.)
If this is the case, you'll see your column headers grouped in one button like this when trying to upload and you won't be able to upload your list:
Below are the quick steps to update your list to the correct format (both for Excel and Google Sheets):
How to update your CSV list in Google Sheets
1. Highlight the column your data is in and click Data--> Split text to columns
2. Choose Separator at the bottom of your sheet and select the appropriate separator in your spreadsheet (comma, semicolon, period, space, custom)
3. Once you select the appropriate separator, your text should now be in separate columns. Your spreadsheet is good to go! Just save down your spreadsheet as a .csv file and upload the list in Prospects to Sendbloom.
How to update your CSV list in Excel
1. Highlight the column your data is in and click Data--> Text to Columns
2. Click Next
3. Select your delimiters that are separating your data (ie commas or semicolons). Preview of selected data should now show in separate columns instead of one column together. Click Next 4. Click Finish5. Your text should now be in separate columns. If you save down your spreadsheet as a .csv file, you're ready to upload the list in Prospects.